Recipe: Courgetti Bolognese
Prep time: 10min
Cook time: 25min
SmartPoints™: 4 per serving.
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 500g Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
- 1 large Onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 can(s) Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 jar(s) Passata
- 1 teaspoons Yeast Extract
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Purèe
- 1 teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1 cube(s) Beef stock cube(s)
- 3 medium Courgette
- 5 leaf/leaves Basil, fresh, to garnish
Mist a large saucepan with the calorie controlled spray over a medium heat. Add the mince, onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes until the mince is browned and the onions softened.
Add the tomatoes, passata, Marmite, Worcestershire sauce, tomato pure´e and mixed herbs to the pan, stir well and bring to the boil. Crumble in the stock cube and stir again. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
When the sauce is nearly ready, mist a large frying pan with cooking spray and add the spiralised courgette. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until slightly softened. Season to taste, divide between plates and serve topped with the sauce and garnished with the basil.
TIP! For vegetarians, this would taste great with Quorn mince instead of beef. You can reduce the simmering time to 10 minutes; the SmartPoints per serving will be 3.
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
Courtesy: Daily Mail Online